DECEMBER 13, 2013 7:00PM - CARHARTT VS. REDWING ALUMNI EVENT.
TCM is pleased to announce that the Original Therapy Choir Members along with our MORC Singing Club have been asked to perform the National Anthem at the 9th Annual Carhatt/Macomb Oakland Regional Center/Red Wings Alumni Fundraiser. Dearborn, MI - General public tickets are only $10 on game day at the arena.
Last year was standing room only for thousands of hockey fans - Carhartt employees, people with disabilities, caregivers, families and MORC Staff.
Carhartt employees use the money raised to buy food, personal care items, linens, gift cards and clothes for our people with disabilities at Christmas time.
AUGUST 2013 - TCM PERFORMS AT THE GARDEN CITY HOSPITAL REHABILITATION UNIT.
Join us for an afternoon of inspirational and uplifting songs at the Garden City Hospital Rehabilitation unit. Along with the free performance, Rev. Renee Machiniak, Pastor of the Church of the Holy City and Chaplain at Wm. Beaumont Hospital and the Royal Oak Police Department will deliver an inspirational talk.
Volunteer Voices are always welcome to add to the singing fun. The singing will start at 1:30PM, arrive at 1PM, performance will be in the Hospital Lobby area.
For further information, please contact Len McCulloch at #248-474-2763 x-22.
MAY 8, 2013 12:45PM - TCM RETURNS TO THE CAPITOL BUILDING. TCM is returning to the Capitol Building. We will perform on the Capitol Building steps.
A brief performance by a sample of Choir Members and Volunteer Voices will be followed by the 9th Annual Walk-A-Mile in My Shoes Rally.
We will be celebrating May as Mental Health Awareness Month in Michigan and the 50 Year Anniversary of Oakland County Community Mental Health Authority. Representatives from 89 Counties in Michigan will be in attendance on the Capitol Lawn. For Information about the Rally visit: www.occmha.org .
MARCH 7, 2012 NOON-1:OOPM - "A CAPITOL PERFORMANCE" 14th Annual TCM Therapy Choir Performance and Kick-off Rally. FREE and Open to the Public. Join us at the State Capitol in the Rotunda, Lansing, MI. This Annual TCM Event promotes the 1st Week of March as "CHOIR THERAPY AWARENESS WEEK IN MICHIGAN".
MARCH 10, 2012 1:00-3:00PM - "CARNIVAL OF CARE EVENT" held again this year at the Best Western Sterling Inn, 34911 Van Dyke, Sterling Hts., MI #1-800-953-1400. Stop by and visit our Booth and enjoy the TCM Choir perform. The Carnival of Care event is presented by Deborah Johnson, President of CARE FORWARD. For More Information see their website at www.carnivalofcare.org and/or Contact Kate McClellan at #248-350-7946 - Bring the family and enjoy the afternoon.
MAY 10, 2012 4:00-7:00PM - "MENTAL HEALTH MATTERS", at the Livonia Burton Manor, Livonia, MI. This is the 8th Annual Mental Health Matters Program sponsored by the Detroit/Wayne County Community Mental Health Board. The TCM Choir will be the featured performance of the evening.
- AUGUST, 2011 - DETROIT'S TIGER STADIUM - COMERICA PARK. The THERAPY CHOIR Particiapted in the performance of the National Anthem with the Automotive Retirement Choir prior to the TIGER Baseball game!
- MARCH 12, 2011 7:00-8:00PM - "CD RELEASE PARTY & FUNDRAISING EVENT" - Our CD release party featuring Christopher Cantrell, a high school student and volunteer voice, took place at The Masters Restaurant in Madison Heights, Michigan. Christopher, a pianist, has produced a CD featuring seven classical selections to help us in our fundraising efforts to continue our important work. These CDs are only $12.00 each, and by purchasing one, YOU will be helping us with our work. "Goodwill Donations" are also welcome!
- MARCH 12, 2011 12:00-1:00PM - "CARNIVAL OF CARE" - (FREE and Open to the public) Our Original Therapy Choir and the M.O.R.C. Singers performed during the lunch period at the Fifth Annual Carnival of Care. We "celebrated the human spirit" with Deborah Johnson, Founder and President of CareForward and the Carnival of Care. This year the Carnival of Care was at the Best Western Sterling Inn.
- MARCH 1, 2011 12:00-1:00PM - "A CAPITOL PERFORMANCE" - (FREE and Open to the public) The Original Therapy Choir and the M.O.R.C Singers performed, along with the Finnish choir and our volunteer voices, in the beautiful rotunda of Michigan's State Capitol Building in Lansing as we kicked-off March as "Choir Therapy Month." Co-Sponsored with Representative Vicki Barnett. This was our 13th Year educating our audience and promoting choir therapy for the entire legislative body and Guests.
- DECEMBER 19, 2010 3PM - "THE FOX THEATRE SHOW" - (FREE with the purchase of a ticket to the Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker) The M.O.R.C. Singers and a group of volunteer voices gave a Christmas-themed performance at the Fox Theatre in Detroit prior to the Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker. Toward the end of act one, the Singers performed again. Every time that a ticket to the Ballet's performance was ordered through The Therapy Choirs of Michigan, a donation was made to TCM. Please click here to see the flyer for the performance.